Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lessons from a Peony


As I walked into my apartment the other day, I was greeted by some of the most breathtaking flowers I'd ever seen in my life. The luscious fuschia color brought about an energy inside me that was so peaceful, positive and hopeful. I love flowers, but I have NEVER had a reaction like this.


There are always those days when you just need a little pick-me-up as a reminder that everything is not all wrong with the world. I suggest that the next time you fall into one of these slumps that you go to your local flower shop and pick up some pretty peonies. Flowers often remind me of life and how delicate and precious it is. Many times we don't take care of ourselves as we should - physcially and mentally. But, only when we nourish ourselves can we blossom into the full beauties that lie hidden within. I learned that from a peony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...